General Information About KVKK
AZTEK Company (referred to as HostingFest), personal data obtained within the framework of the principle of respect for private life, is processed by the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (‘KVK Law’ (referred to as KVKK).) KVKK has given personal data owners the right to obtain information about their personal data, to access this data, to learn for what purpose this data is used and to request the correction or deletion of this data.
In accordance with the first paragraph of Article 13 of the KVK Law; HostingFest, which is the data controller, applications regarding these rights must be submitted in writing via this Personal Data Owner Application Form or other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board (“Board”).
In this context, applications to be made to HostingFest in “written” form, by printing out this form;
- through a notary,
- With the personal application of the applicant,
- By sending it to our company’s registered e-mail address, signed by the Applicant with the “secure electronic signature” defined in the Electronic Signature Law No. 5070,
- It can be forwarded to us by sending it to the registered e-mail address of HostingFest and to the registered e-mail address of HostingFest. Explanations on the written application channels and the information notes to be specified in the submissions are given in the table below.
Right to Apply for KVKK
Every individual whose personal data is processed in Article 11 of the KVKK can apply to HostingFes as mentioned above and request information on the subjects listed below.
- Learning whether personal data is processed or not,
- If personal data has been processed, requesting information about it,
- Learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether personal data is used in accordance with its purpose,
- Learning the third parties whose personal data is transferred in the country or abroad,
- Requesting correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and requesting notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom personal data has been transferred,
- Requesting their deletion, destruction or anonymization in the event that the reasons requiring the processing of their personal data disappear, and requesting the notification of the transaction made in this context to the third parties to whom their personal data has been transferred,
- Objecting to the emergence of a result against the data owner by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of loss due to unlawful processing of personal data.
Subjects Outside the Scope of the Right to Apply
It is not possible for personal data owners to assert their right of application, since they are excluded from the scope of KVKK in the cases listed below, according to Article 20 of the KVKK.
- Processing personal data for purposes such as research, planning and statistics by making them anonymous with official statistics.
- Processing personal data for art, history, literature or scientific purposes or within the scope of freedom of expression, provided that it does not violate national defense, national security, public security, public order, economic security, privacy of private life or personal rights or constitute a crime.
- Processing of personal data within the scope of preventive, protective and intelligence activities carried out by public institutions and organizations authorized by law to ensure national defense, national security, public safety, public order or economic security.
- Processing of personal data by judicial authorities or execution authorities in relation to investigation, prosecution, trial or execution proceedings.
- Pursuant to paragraph 2 of Article 28 of the KVKK Law, it is not possible to assert the rights in the following cases, with the exception of the right to demand the compensation of the damage:
- Personal data processing is necessary for the prevention of crime or for criminal investigation,
- Processing of personal data made public by the person concerned,
- Personal data processing is required by the authorized and authorized public institutions and organizations and professional organizations in the nature of public institutions for the execution of auditing or regulation duties and for disciplinary investigation or prosecution, based on the authority given by the law,
- The processing of personal data is necessary for the protection of the economic and financial interests of the State with regard to budgetary, tax and financial matters.
HostingFest's Response Procedure and Time to Applications
In accordance with Article 13 of the KVK Law, HostingFest will conclude the application requests of personal data owners free of charge within 30 (thirty) days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. However, if the transaction requires an additional cost, the fee in the tariff determined by the KVK Board may be charged. Our company may accept the application or reject it for the following reasons by explaining the reason, and notify the relevant person in writing or electronically. The application of the personal data owner may be rejected in the following cases:
- Preventing other people’s rights and freedoms
- Requires disproportionate effort
- Information being publicly available
- Compromising the privacy of others
- Existence of one of the situations that are out of the scope pursuant to the KVK Law (see 2.2.)
Right of Personal Data Owner to Complain to the Board
Pursuant to Article 14 of the KVK Law, the personal data owner may file a complaint to the KVK Board within thirty days from the date of learning the answer of the data controller, and in any case within sixty days from the date of application, in case his application is rejected, he finds the response insufficient or his application is not answered in due time. No complaint can be made to the Board before an application is made to our company.
Other Matters That May Occur
HostingFest may request additional information from the relevant data owner and questions can be asked to the personal data owner regarding his/her application in order to clarify the issues in the personal data owner’s application.